sjfphotography
fine art prints
greeting cards
natural light portraits

March 18, 2011

916 main

Construction began in 1939 on the building at 916 Main - Lubbock National Bank. In 1959 there were further additions to the 12-story high rise. Over the years, a succession of banks from Nations to Bank of America occupied the space. Today it is the Lubbock County Office Building. Lubbock National Bank played a part in my life. My mother worked as secretary to the banker prior to marrying my father. My grandfather Mr. Bill had an office on the 11th floor and I always took the stairs when visiting him. He even took me to the vault. It was at LNB that my incentive to stash cash started with my Hopalong Cassidy Savings Club account. It was a thrill when Hopalong visited the bank, complete with black hat and guns (I can't remember if his horse Topper ever came to town.) I wonder what happened to all my autographed photographs?

Skyscraper Series #3
916 Main
Lubbock, Texas


No comments:

Post a Comment